Our themed printable morning basket sets, created by Rebecca Clarke of Whimsy Printables, are full of fun, hands-on learning activities geared towards 2-6 year olds, but can be used with older children too. These sets are designed to go alongside each of our individual unit studies and can be used in tandem with their corresponding units or enjoyed independently. They are also great to keep younger children busy while their older siblings work through their units! Shop our Botany unit study here.
Here's what you'll find inside the Botany Morning Basket:
- Alphabet Sheets: A collection of alphabet sheets that can be used in many ways. Color, paint, use small nature objects to fill in the alphabet letter, etc.
- Botany Words to Build: A selection of botany words to build using the alphabet picture cards.
- Build a Terrarium: A fun little activity where children can create their own terrarium.
- Counting Potted Plants: A number recognition and counting activity. Count the plants and place the correct number of plants on the shelf.
- Build CVC Words: A consonant-vowel-consonant word building activity.
- Plant Coloring: An activity in which children can finish the plant by coloring in each picture.
- Lacing Cards: A set of super-easy prep lacing cards. You can use wool, string, or even a shoelace for lacing these cards.
- Plant Pattern Matching Game: A plant foliage matching game that is fun but a little bit tricky!
- Memory Game: A memory game for the whole family to enjoy. Print the backing page for double-sided cards!
- Mushroom Numbers: A set of number cards that can be used for many learning activities.
- Botany Clip Cards: A sweet set of number count and clip cards. You can use a peg, gem, or even a ball of playdough to mark the correct number.
- Number Puzzles: Counting and number recognition puzzles.
- Plant Match: A simple and fun plant matching activity.
- Puzzles: Simple two-piece puzzles that any little learner will enjoy.
- Size Sorting: Place the plants on the shelf in size order and enjoy a different take on size sorting!
- Snipping Cards: A cutting activity to practice motor skills as children snip along each line of the cards.
- Upper and Lower Case Match: An upper and lower case matching game.
This morning basket is delivered as a digital, printable pack and is sure to delight and engage learners, budding botanists, and nature lovers of all ages!