Harbor and Sprout
These lessons are included in our Chemistry Unit Study.
Discover geography through the lens of chemistry in this in-depth, engaging guide by Stephanie Groves of Harbor + Sprout! This study includes four modules exploring different aspects of chemistry, as well as plenty of hands on crafts for your little learners:
Module 1: "China"
- Learn about the People's Republic of China
- Study China trivia cards
- Read the People's Republic of China's national anthem
- Color China's flag
Module 2: "Maps"
- World map Q&A
- Find China on world map
- Map of China in detail
- Label map of China
- Chinese Architecture coloring page
Module 3: "Traditions in China"
- Learn about the traditional Han Chinese culture
- Chinese lanterns coloring page
- Watch video on Chinese lanterns and then make your own
- Make a paper lantern activity
- Paper Lantern coloring page
Module 4: "Fireworks"
- Learn about the invention and the history of fireworks
- Fireworks coloring page
- Firework Chemistry Elements
- Fill in the blank fireworks chemistry elements
- Firework colors
- Fill in the blank firework colors
- Learn about the elements that create firework colors
These lessons may be completed over the course of one month with one module per week, or more quickly or slowly depending on personal preference. This is a digital download and the files will be delivered via email upon purchase. Enjoy your exploration of geography through chemistry!