Harbor and Sprout
These lessons are included in our Chemistry Unit Study.
Discover math through the lens of Chemistry in this in-depth, engaging guide by Lindie Liang of Hudson Academy of Curiosity! In typical Harbor + Sprout fashion, the Chemistry Math unit is equipped with beautifully crafted activities to make math more enjoyable for your little learners. This study includes four fun math modules exploring different aspects of mathematics in relation to Chemistry:
Module 1: "Converting Units"
- Learn how to convert metric units
- Learn how to convert imperial units
- Imperial Units Converted cut-outs
- Imperial and Metric Unit conversion
Module 2: "Magic Color Changing Potion"
- Follow potion directions
- Fill out unit conversion worksheet
- Ingredient label cut-outs
- Fill out observation sheet and color samples
- Magic Color Changing Potion debrief
- Create your own color changing potion
- Potion unit conversion sheet
- Jot down your reflections
Module 3: "Haunted House Fact Families"
- Complete Haunted House Fact Family Worksheets
- Create your own Haunted House Fact Family
Module 4: "Atoms Counting and Coloring"
- Atom color-by-number
- Count number of atoms in listed items
- Label your own beakers and create your own color keys
These lessons may be completed over the course of one month with one module per week, or more quickly or slowly depending on personal preference. This is a digital download and the files will be delivered via email upon purchase. Enjoy your exploration of math through chemistry!